We all want to have a house we can be proud of, whether for your own satisfaction or to impress visitors. However, home improvements can be expensive, and refurbishing your entire home can take years of saving. It can also be extremely time consuming and who wants to spend their weekends decorating?
If you want to add an instant lift to your home without dipping too much into your savings or spare time, why not think about changing your windows? Tired, dull or scuffed window frames can have a really dire effect on your entire home and replacing them can add a new sparkle to any abode. Just like accessorising an old outfit, adding new windows to your house can give it a completely different feel, and there are plenty of different options to choose from. To make sure you find the best ones for you, be sure to keep the following factors in mind.
- Appearance- The market has expanded so much in recent years that it is now possible to select from a vast expanse of colours, materials and finishes. Whether your home is more classic or contemporary, there is something to suit every style. It is even possible to add extra features to customise the appearance of your windows.
- Security- It doesn’t matter what sort of area you live in, security should always be a principle factor in your final decision. Be sure to approach a company that can provide you with windows that have enhanced safety and security features.
- Material- there are a number of different materials to choose from including aluminium, wood and uPVC. uPVC, or unplasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride has been around for more than 50 years and it’s not hard to see why. Its strength and durability make it an ideal material for window frames, and uPVC windows will not change shape in extreme weather conditions.
- Maintenance- Unless you are prepared to spend your precious spare time tending to your windows, cleaning and repainting them, then it’s probably best to choose a low maintenance option such as u PVC.
- Style- There are a number of styles of window to choose from and this will naturally depend upon factors such as the style of your home and your budget. To give you an idea of just some of the options available, these can include casement, cottage, tilt and turn and sash windows.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: sxc.hu
Apple Home Improvements offers one of the widest collections of uPVC windows, doors and conservatories across the South Coast.