Tip 2: Ask Questions
Asking questions not only helps you ascertain if the contractor is qualified, but it also gives you a feel for the person with which you’re working. Some important questions include:
- Are you licensed and registered in the state?
- What permits are required for this project?
- Are you and your workers insured? Do you have liability and property damage coverage?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many projects like mine have you completed?
- Are you planning on hiring subcontractors? If so, may I meet them? How long have you known them?
- Do you have a list of references?
- How many other projects are you currently working?
This is not an exhaustive list, but it’s a very good start. You should also determine whether or not you have a good rapport with the contractor, as you’ll be spending a lot of time together.
Click page 4 below for rest of article